Emerging Science and Research business on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. They are currently on the lookout for an experience Payroll Clerk to join the team.
Our client are a well established UK science and research company, who are looking to expand their operational remit.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Calculating salary and adjustments from monthly timesheets and input data onto payroll system.
- Maintain and develop existing administrative procedures and reports to ensure they remain error free and continue to meet business needs
- Undertaking maternity calculations and producing all correspondence.
- Updating the payroll system with details of new starters, leavers, transfers, changes of pay rate and hours.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager in ad-hoc duties when necessary.
- To assist where necessary on the new payroll and HR system project.
- Ensure that the monthly and weekly payrolls are run efficiently and accurately and all employees are paid on time and in accordance with current tax and other regulations.
- Monitoring the overpayments process, including calculations and all correspondence.
- Generating monthly report for all stakeholders.
- Assisting with the Payroll Helpdesk in responding to payroll queries from our stores.
Payroll Clerk Requirements:
- Full knowledge of end to end payroll processes and related activities
- Strong numeracy & administration skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Experience in non-cash benefits
- Ability to influence and document payroll related policy
Great opportunity for an experienced payroll clerk to join a growing business