Deputy Head of Finance - 8B
The Finance Business Partner will work alongside one or more of the Divisions.
You will support the services with expert decision making advice (financial & business intelligence) and will constructively challenge all aspects of financial and business performance within the Division.
My client is an NHS Trust based in Central London.
My client is a large Foundation NHS Trust based in London.
You, as the successful Finance Business Partner- band 8B, will provide an access point to expert Financial and Business Intelligence support and advice, commissioning an appropriate level of service from these areas to enable the delivery of divisional priorities.
You will be expected to support the services with expert decision making advice/information and will constructively challenge all aspects of financial and business performance within the Division.
Additionally you also work with the Division to ensure that robust financial plans and effective control and monitoring processes are in place.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and managing relationships with the Division;
- Supporting the Division in the achievement of KPIs through the effective use of Business Intelligence and acting as the first line of challenge to the Division when performance is not at expected levels;
- Work with different team heads to improve communication, business protocols and business efficiency throughout the Trust and to share specialist knowledge as appropriate;
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements for financial control and other Trust-wide financial policies and procedures are in place/ adhered to within the Division;
- Leading transformation projects, either corporate or clinical, with a specific budget and managerial responsibility.
You, as the successful candidate, for this Finance Business Partner position will have:
- Accounting qualification: ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of Management Accounts function;
- Good understanding of the key operational and financial challenges facing NHS Trusts;
- Able to analyse, compare and interpret complex financial and performance data using skills, knowledge and judgement.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in working with senior management/ stakeholders (Business Partner);
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Good people management and motivation skills;
- Hands on and resilient attitude;
- Ability to assert leadership
This role in within the NHS Health sector.
On offer to you is:
- Band 8B salary bracket + inner London weighting (roughly £55,000-£65,000);
- Opportunity for future growth within the organisation;
- Strong work life balance & flexible working opportunities;
- The chance to join a friendly and sociable team;
- Central London location