Senior Financial Analyst
John Keells Stock Brokers (Pvt) Ltd
Post of Senior Financial Analyst
John Keells Stock Brokers is one of Sri Lanka's largest equity brokerages.
The company deals mostly with institutions both foreign and local as well as with high net worth individuals who demand research into equity investments that meets their stringent standards. JKSB provides a spectrum of services from macro and sector coverage to corporate forecasts and valuations. Equity research requires a grasp of both the bigger picture of strategic economic and business decisions as well as technical knowledge of the intricacies involved in accounting for a company’s annual and quarterly performance. Apart from these analytical skills the role will also require an ability to convince clients of the value of your investment ideas with confidence.
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified individuals for the above position.
• Read company financial statements and analyze sales, costs, expenses, commodity prices and tax rates in order to determine a company's value and project future earnings and issue valuations and investment recommendations on same.
• Research an industry or sector, assessing current trends in business practices, products, and industry competition. Keep in touch with new regulations or policies that may affect the industry, as well as monitor the economy to determine its effect on earnings.
• Write reports and make presentations on companies and sector specific and/or thematic topics.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Over three years experience in equity research or at a ratings agency
• Bachelors in Business/Economics and ACCA or CFA full or part qualification
• Market research skills
• Report writing and presentation skills
Remuneration for the above position will be in accordance with the JKH Compensation and Benefits Policy.
If you are confident that you possess the above requirements, please forward your CV with the contact details of two non-related referees, via the form below.