Accountant - Egypt
Carry out accounting entries and paperwork tasks related to A/R, A/P, Assets and GL transactions efficiently. Prepares month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations. The accountant is responsible for the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities within monthly accounting close, reconciliations assist in analysis, and financial reporting activities. Review trial balance and compare to reports, ensure implementing applicable accounting policies and procedures.
- Receive and verify invoices and acquisition for goods and services, invoices include (local and international suppliers), examples, insurance, products, service providers and others.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures and contract terms.
- Prepare batches for invoices for data entry and enter invoices for payment (RGRs and match invoices) verify the accuracy of distribution.
- Monitor accounts payable and ensure payments are up to date, process payment transfer request or check payment request.
- Data entry for all payments done to the vendors (checks and transfers)
- Resolve invoice discrepancies, reconcile vendor’s balances at least each month end.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments and vendors.
- Ensure full accruals during month end and year end closing.
- Always monitor and match the balances between the purchases module and the GL posting accounts. Also match between the inventory module and the GL inventory posting accounts.
- Maintain accounts payable files.
- Ensure up to date posting of invoices; follow up with opened invoices on a daily basis.
- Monitor accounts receivable and ensure balances are always up to date.
- Resolve accounts’ discrepancies, reconcile customers’ balances.
- Correspond with customers and respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments and customers.
- Always monitor and match balances between the sales module and the GL posting accounts.
- Review aging file.
- Make sure that accountant provide management status of dues on & respective collections on Monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly customers specific provision if any.
- Review Monthly bank reconciliation to ensure all entries is updated.
- Approve daily equipment sales invoices
- Ensure up to date posting of office expenses and other GL transactions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, accruals and GL account reconciliations including banks, prepaid and accrued expenses, etc.
- Assist in preparation of intercompany transactions and consolidation entries.
- Respond to inquiries, acts as a liaison between related departments.
- Assist in month end and year end closing for closing
- Perform duties with attention to details and accuracy. Maintain problem-solving skills.
- Online banking transactions entries.
- Cooperate with auditors of the company till receive stamped financial.
- Manage stock adjustments and stock transfer
- Review control accounts
- Prepare Report of Income Tax and VAT tax
- Guide and answer any questions from External customers about Tax
- Consult with our Tax consultant for any inquiry and get updating of Tax on time to reflect in our books
- Manage on line system and submit Tax return for Egypt company and make sure the payment done on time
- Responsible for Tax filling and make sure it is filling properly
- advise management on time for any new rules about Tax
- Follow up the due accounts receivable and other debit accounts, report on collections.
- Supervise stocktaking in Egypt
- Post affiliate entries on time
- Renewal Insurance of Fire and Alarm
- Office Insurance
- Car Insurance