The role of the Bookkeeper is to oversee the day to day running of the Private Office which has a substantial investment portfolio. Much of the day to day work is focused on property investment. Because of this the successful candidate needs a proven track record of overseeing a portfolio of properties.
Under its Owner, the Private Office holds substantial equity and property investments in excess of £100M. It also has associated charities in which it has equity investments of more than £50M.
- To ensure that day to day financial matters are dealt with promptly and appropriately, including processing of payments.
- To ensure that the payroll is managed appropriately
- To maintain accurate and up to date accounting records using Sage 50.
- To assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of management accounts/financial reports as required.
Subsidiary Company - Commercial Property
- Dealing with day to day repairs/service requirements
- Raising of rent and service charge invoices.
- Completion of VAT returns.
Subsidiary Company - Residential Property
- Responsible for the day to day management of an apartment complex with twenty-six flats all rented on AST's.
- Liaising and working with agents to minimize void periods.
- Dealing with tenant queries including arranging repairs and dealing with any other problems as required.
- Ensuring rents are paid on time.
- Proven ability in financial accounting
- Previous experience in a Family/Private Office
- Significant experience of commercial and residential property management (necessity)
- Experience in Sage Accounting desirable
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with a broad network of stakeholders, including the most senior.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor, take initiative and problem-solve.
- Ability to recognise potential conflicts and acknowledge where guidance is required / necessary.
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and prioritise confidently against conflicting demands.
Market leading salary and benefits.