Accounts Assistant Accounts Payable
Morgan Hunt are proud to be working with a very exciting and dynamic social enterprise with their search for 2 Accounts Assistants to join their small but friendly finance team.
Both of these opportunities are on a permanent basis, paying between GBP24,000 – GBP26,000 per annum.
Previous experience within a charity / not–for–profit environment is highly desirable.
Based in a great location just a short walk from one of London's busiest rail stations, with great local amenities including restaurants, shops and bars.
Accounts Assistant (Accounts Payable)
- Receive supplier invoices daily, match to purchase orders and capture them accurately onto the finance system.
- Assist in the preparation of regular BACS runs to ensure payment to terms.
- Reconcile the finance system to supplier invoices on a monthly basis to ensure the completeness of transactions.
- Manage petty cash, ensuring all receipts are entered onto the system, that the float is replenished via the system on a monthly basis and that the cash is counted regularly
Experience and skills:
- Full understanding of accruals and prepayments.
- Previous experience in a Purchase Ledger with coding experience.
- Ability to manage complete purchase ledger process from invoice processing to BACS submission.
Accounts Assistant (Credit Control)
- Collection of commercial, tenant and other debt according to credit terms.
- Ensure all credit control procedures are followed at all times.
- Reconciliation of sales ledger and control accounts on a monthly basis to verify accuracy of transactional interfaces.
- Daily banking of cash and cheque receipts to ensure that cash is not kept on the premises and is accounted for at all times.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly collection targets.
- Escalation, when necessary, to maintain good cash management for all companies within the group.
Experience and skills:
- Significant credit control experience.
- Experience of computerised accounting systems including proficiency in MS Excel.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts, processes and controls.
- Process approx. 200 invoices per month across 3 entities within the group.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please apply and send your CV through to me, or call on .
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role