Accounts Semi Senior - Top 50 Accountants
A growing firm of Top 50 chartered accountants is searching for a Semi Senior / Senior Accountant to join their team, with a career background in the accountancy practice sector to join them in the offices, based near Dartford. The role and firm offers an excellent opportunity for the right professional looking to further their accounting career in the profession, within a supportive and team focused environment.
My client are a growing Top 50 Accountancy Firm based near Dartford who offer a full range of compliance services and business advice to owner-managed businesses, multinationals and high net worth individuals. Specialists in both small & medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger enterprises chasing growth.
Reporting in to the Manager, the Accounts Semi Senior will be responsible for:
- The preparation of management accounts, including posting to Xero, Sage Line 50, or equivalent software, where we maintain the clients records, from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
- Work on a wide range of statutory accounts
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and time is fully utilised
- Corporation tax computations (if appropriate)
- VAT returns
- Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the accounting software.
- AAT level 4 qualified/ ACA or ACCA studying or qualified by experience strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment o
- Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge and skill
- Good working knowledge of Xero, Sage and other accounting software packages
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Organisational/time management skills
- Communication - demonstrable written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across