Accounts Receivable Clerk
You will provide an efficient and robust AR service for various UK Business Units within a fast-paced, progressive shared service environment.
My client are a world-leading manufacturer with a large transactional finance presence in Gloucestershire. Highly progressive, they recruit A1 calibre candidates and offer competitive salaries and good career opportunities.
- Provide an efficient and robust AR service for various UK Business Units.
- Provide efficient, timely and accurate posting and allocation of receipts for AR ledgers.
- Ensure the Business Units have the required support and maintain robust communications.
- Comply with all legal and audit requirements.
- Ensure robust control of the receipts, postings, allocations and any queries is maintained, in line with Company processes and procedures.
- Compile monthly bank account reconciliations for distribution to Business Units.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and other related queries.
- Run reports for unallocated cash and analyse by age & customer.
- Prepare bank deposits for cheques received by post.
- Manual raising of invoices and credit notes.
- Releasing of billing blocks and releasing of sales orders.
- Have a proactive approach to obtaining remittances and allocation from Business Unit.
- Be responsible for month-end closing as per the structured worklist and to stringent deadlines.
- Collect data and prepare monthly KPI's.
- Able to cover for all business units for periods of absenteeism to maintain required service levels.
- Assist with Vendor creation.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Demonstrable experience of working within an Accounts Receivable or Cash Application team.
- Experience of working with and influencing key stakeholders of all levels.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel.
- Previous experience of SAP System transactions and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a Customer Service environment
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Experience of KPI reporting.
- Excellent investigative skills that enable the individual to resolve unallocated cash on customer accounts.
- Full understanding of banking procedures.
- Able to competently reconcile bank accounts to systems for several business units.
- Educated to ALevel Standard, or equivalent.
- Accounting Qualification is most desirable
- Customer Service Qualifications & experience are preferred
- Relevant finance, business and/or account degree or equivalent experience and understanding is desired
This role will pay a competitive basic salary of £22-25,000.