Page Personnel Finance are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our client, a leading property & construction company located in London's West End.
Our client is a leading property & construction company located in London's West End. Our client is an international business who specialise in design and construction of commercial buildings. Due to expansion across the accountancy team, an opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join them.
Located in London's West End, our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant with responsibility for the following duties:
* Responsible for maintaining the accounting processes and registers;
* Ensure that all documentation is compliant with tax regulations and internal procedures;
* Collaborating with our commercial and delivery teams to continue improvement of processes;
* Proactively working to improve efficiency and quality of our processes and procedures.
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable day to day tasks
* Daily bank reconciliations;
* Assist credit control with reducing age debt balances;
* Ownership of all incoming AP and AR invoices;
* Raising sales invoices in line with client contracts;
* Post purchase invoices as per purchase orders and subcontractor invoices in line with contracts and payment certificates;
* Distributing invoices to commercial and delivery teams for revision and approval;
* Make sure invoices have the right approval in accordance with delegation of authority register;
* Process weekly payment runs;
* Manage relationship with external and internal auditors;
* Process payments to subcontractors with CIS deduction;
* Responsible for completing ad hoc reports as required.
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable month end closing tasks
* Review subcontractor retention provisions;
* Reconciliation and allocation of credit cards expenses;
* Review cash on account and aged balances on supplier accounts;
* Assist with cash management;
* Ownership of intercompany billings and reconciliations;
* Monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations;
* Provide credit control with final debtor positions and
* Review of P&L accounts.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified AAT;
- CIS knowledge desirable;
- Previous experience in the construction industry or property desirable
Salary of £25,000 - £30,000