Our client, based in Bristol, are a rapidly growing, innovative company with a clear and exciting strategy for expansion. Due to an internal move, they are looking to recruit an FP&A Manager with M&A experience to join their team.
Our client is an innovative and growing business based in Bristol. Through innovative solutions they have grown organically and through acquisition they have been able to expand globally. The group finance team is based in Bristol and is growing to accommodate for the exciting growth plans for 2019.
The FP&A function actively supports the company in achieving its strategic growth initiatives through providing insightful financial and business related analysis in areas key to strategic/commercial decision making. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making.
The FP&A Manager will support the Head of FP&A in meeting these goals by taking ownership for delivering key projects; and support Group Finance to complete accounting and reporting activities to meet investor and business requirements.
- Business partner with regional MDs to assist with strategic growth initiatives such as investment proposals, strategic business plans, acquisition or divestment processes. Provide an independent appraisal, identify risks and support with any financial modelling, report writing or project management as required.
- Deliver key business analysis required for decision making by Executive and local management teams. This will include: market analysis and research; reports on specific business threats/risks/opportunities; in-depth analysis on performance.
- Undertake analysis and review of financial information, including budgets, forecasts, results and reporting, to identify trends, opportunities and issues.
- Support Group finance as required, in particular with monthly and annual reporting and audits, to ensure the finance function deliver the required outputs across the Group.
- Work in accordance with all company policies relating to health & safety.
- Degree qualified with formal Accounting qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- At least 2 years post qualified experience in practice or in a commercial finance role or a minimum of 5 years commercial experience
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Some exposure to M&A, either in an advisory or due diligence role
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution
- Experience of IBM Cognos, Great Plans and Sage