Tax & Corporate Services - Manager (HCM Office)
Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is an independent member firm of Grant Thornton International. We are a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services. We have a professional team of 13 partners and more than 250 professional staffs in offices located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Grant Thornton welcomes applicants from Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines.
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Tax Business Development Manager (TBDM) supporting our Tax Services of Ho Chi Minh City office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Role Purpose
- Handles the assignment smoothly with an assigned team;
- Manages and develops the assigned team members; and
- Manages a client portfolio and delivers services to clients under authorisation by Director/Partner.
- Develop and maintain a client portfolio with a bill revenue of 300k/year.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
- Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
- Builds a rapport with the individual client and develops a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations.
- Meets clients’ demands, keeping them up to date with progress and engenders trust and respect.
- Deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations.
- Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
- Acts as a first point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly.
- Cooperates with performance team to deliver the best services to clients.
Client take- on / risk management
- Has a sound awareness and adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on.
- Ensures bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis.
- Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people.
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant areas of work.
- Sees as a reference point on particular technical issues.
- Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Appraises and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and provides development opportunities.
- Manages a team of staff on specific projects.
- Provides on the job training to executives.
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend training courses to develop technical and personal skills.
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes.
- Reviews work afterwards for learning points.
Operations and results
- Ensures bills are raised and collected on a timely basis.
- Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Meets own financial target set.
- Minimum of 5-year-working experienced in a professional services
- In process or completion of ACCA/ CPA is an advantage
- Sound technical knowledge
- Related tax consultancy/ tax compliance experience
- Good management skills
- Initiative: Demonstrates a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities by yourself to contribute beyond own role without being told by others;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and flexibility to easily adjusts yourself into any changes in working situations and develop the understandings on the changes on situations; and
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Application and resume must be in English and attached with a recent photo, and copy of the transcript
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Tax Manager - HCMC Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 31 May 2019 with urgent basis;