A fantastic opportunity for an experienced management account who is seeking to expand their knowledge and complete their studies within a fast paced public sector and government business. The management accountant will be responsible for assisting the senior management accountant and wider finance team with the budget production as well as month end reporting.
A dynamic and fast paced finance team that works within this Cambridge based public sector and government business. One of the largest and most accomplished public sector and government institutions they offer a fantastic career step for the successful candidate, allowing them to complete their studies and gain valuable experience.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Producing the monthly budgets statements and corresponding reports
- Alongside the budget you will also produce detailed forecasts
- Producing variance reports to be supplied to a number of key stakeholders
- Assist the senior management accountant with the month end reporting
- Assisting in the training of new finance staff
- Aid with costing exercises and investigations as required
- Produce budget statement reconciliations
The successful Management Accountant will:
- Actively pursuing their CCAB, CIMA or ACCA
- Previous public sector experience would be preferable
- Dynamic and driven individual who is keen to make a difference
- Advanced user of Excel capable of producing formulae and macros
- Confident in creating and maintaining key relationships within the business
- Show a consistent record of producing advanced analytically sound reports
The successful applicant will be receiving a fantastic opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience with a fast paced and dynamic work environment, all whilst completing their studies. Alongside this fantastic opportunity to gain experience the successful applicant will also receive a competitive salary and wide ranging benefits package.