We are currently recruiting exclusively for a Financial Controller to join a rapidly expanding multi-site owner managed Group based in West Yorkshire.
Our client is a vibrant, entrepreneurial group with 10 - 15 sites across the UK which has grown exponentially over recent years. Due to their high growth, fast paced offering, they have gained various funding through venture capital and crowd funding.
As Financial Controller, you will be reporting to the Finance Director with 8 direct reports.
Your remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate Monthly Management and other Financial Information for the Finance Director for presentation to the Board & External Stakeholders. You will lead the Finance team, and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Group, heading up the day to day activities. You may also be required to work closely with various other key stakeholders of the senior management team on ad hoc projects.
You will be a proven qualified accountant with experience as a Financial Controller. Group accounting experience would also be highly beneficial, as would experience managing a team of individuals.
Key experience / skills required:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 2 years post qualification experience
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident preparing UK statutory accounts
- The ability to work closely with external advisers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you'll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff
- Confidence to challenge the Finance Director whilst maintaining a positive working relationship
Importantly the Financial Controller will need to grow and develop as the Group continues to expand and broaden its portfolio. The Group has come a long way in the last 5 years and will be different again in another 5.
The role will offer a basic salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits.