Semi Senior Accountant - Part Time or Full Time
This is a fantastic opportunity for a part time or full time practice Semi Senior or Senior to join a highly reputable accountancy practice based near Folkestone. They are looking for a part qualified or qualified by experience accountant to join them in an exciting and progressive position.
A trusted practice based near Folkestone who pride themselves on producing high quality work. Client feedback is extremely positive due to continued support outside of normal service and the tailored approach to each client. This practice has an excellent culture and a great staff retention rate.
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Preparation of cooperation tax computations
- A good understanding of VAT and PAYE
- Preparation of management accounts using excel, sage, quickbooks and online systems
- A good knowledge of bookkeeping systems including sage, quickbooks and online systems
- Clients include sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Audit work to support the audit team where appropriate (an advantage)
- Assisting with statutory work including the preparation of dividend documentation
- Training and supporting junior members of the team
- Liaising with the team manager in terms of job work flow and status
- Dealing with clients queries
- Providing general support to the team in terms of accounts and administration
- Liaising with the Tax team to ensure a high standard of client service
The ideal candidate for the position may have the desire to progress towards obtaining an ACCA or ACA qualification but equally might be qualified by experience. They should have strong numeracy skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills plus the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst meeting strict deadlines. You must posses a good work ethic, have a good sense of initiative and work well as part of a team. You should be proficient in Microsoft products.
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer including parking