Risk Manager (Biomedical Research Charity)
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a complete and effective risk management and internal control framework for a medical research charity with a 25 year legacy of helping scientists and organisations turn their research into treatments
Our client is a medical research charity with a 25 year legacy of helping scientists and organisations turn their research into treatments and diagnostics for patients.
They are pioneering new ways to turn great science into greater patient impact and do so by bringing together a network of partners to tackle specific diseases and by directly funding academic and early stage research.
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a complete and effective risk management and internal control framework
You will also oversee internal audit, provide process mapping and develop SOPs across the organisation
You will partner with senior managers and provide reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee, the Board and the Executive Team, highlighting areas of concern and providing recommendations to drive corrective action
You will liaise with teams to map key risks and to identify the value stream and areas of waste and recommend improvements to internal controls where necessary
You will oversee internal audits from scoping methodology to closing meetings
You will manage to the co-source for internal audit
Your duties will also include managing the internal control environment to actively identify gaps and monitor compliance.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/IIA/CIA/CRMA or CIMA
- Experience in both implementing and maintaining risk management frameworks
- Experience in both internal controls and internal audit
- Evidence of business partnering and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Evidence of previously having reported the the Board and Executive Committee
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ideally Lean Six Sigma qualified (black or green)
- Experience in the research sector: bio-tech, pharmaceutical, life-sciences
- Fantastic opportunity to put your risk management skills to use in a highly regarded organisation
- Opportunity to design and implement risk frameworks
- Opportunity to design and develop internal controls
- Working closely with the Board and Executive Committee
- Central London location
- 1 year FTC
- Defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance, a flexible benefits scheme
and 31 days paid holiday per year.