Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle, WA USA. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
We are currently looking for a senior level candidate to help support the business growth in Amazon’s Sao Paulo, Brazil office. Successful candidates will have the equivalent of 4+ years of professional experience with financial reporting and internal control related responsibilities and have held similar positions in larger public companies or have held a senior level position with a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for two or more years. Candidates may have held senior analyst accounting or finance positions in public or private companies. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges is also expected.
This position will have responsibility for supporting the Brazil Accounting team to oversee all parts of our financial accounting and reporting functions in Brazil, reporting to a manager. In addition, this person will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Technical accounting research and position paper writing may also be a requirement for this position.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
. Degree in accounting
· CRC certificate
· 4 + years of related experience
· Advanced level understanding of an internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
· Thorough knowledge of Brazilian and U.S. GAAP (including the FASB Codification) and related research tools
· Experience with documenting accounting conclusions and related support
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Portuguese required
· Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients
· Operational accounting experience with international companies
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
· Aptitude for leading teams – influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
· Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
· Good analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills