About the Team
Reporting into the Head of Treasury and Risk as a part of the Group Finance team. As the Insurance Manager you will lead, manage and maintain the insurance program for the assets and liabilities of the whole group.
You will be responsible for communicating and advising with managers across the business on any insurable risks as well as negotiating with insurers, insurance brokers and risk consultants on effective ways of protecting risks arising in the business.
- 2018 Insurance Budget - £10m (including £1m health/permanent disability)
- Gross Assets - £1.5bn
- Profit BeforeTax - £700m
- Turnover - £4bn
- Number of Employees - 40,000 FTE
- Property assets - 500 plus
- Number of claims/incidents - 900 p.a
- Motor vehicles and HGV - 1200
About the Role
- Work with a range of internal stakeholders across the business to gather and review renewal information and provide to the Companies Insurance Broker for corporate insurance arrangements and renewals.
- Lead the Property and Public Liability renewal process to ensure the programme renewal is cost effective with broad policy cover. Make recommendations for rating, policy drafting and insurers to Head of Treasury and Risk.
- Identify new insurable risks within the business and make recommendations for effective management of the risks.
- Review all insurance policy and legal arrangement including tender documentation and commercial arrangements as well as instruct Brokers to arrange and place appropriate insurance programmes to protect the business.
- Manage the liability claims notification process ensuring any claims are notified in line with the MOJ claims process to insurers. Provide insurers with sufficient information to investigate claims and come to a decision on liability.
- Previous experience in a similar role with detailed knowledge of various business operations at all levels.
- Ability to identify risks arising and provide a range of risk mitigation solutions.
- Excellent understanding of building specifications, materials and their associated fire and health risks together with a strong understanding of liability claims and MOJ reforms.
- Detailed knowledge of general classes of insurance including Liability, Motor, Property, Business Interruption, D&O and Private Medical.
- Ability to manage and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Hold a related professional qualification such as ACII is essential.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
To apply please visit our website via the button below.