Treasury Manager (12m FTC)
This is a great opportunity to work with an excellent Not for Profit organisation based in Swansea
My client is a large Not for Profit organisation based in Swansea
This is a great opportunity for a CCAB qualified Accountant to work with a very promenant organisation based in Swansea city centre.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Treasury Manager plays a pivotal role in the organsiation. The Treasury Manager will proactively manage the Treasury function to ensure strong cash and liquidity management, manage risk associated with the development programme and provide a strong internal control environment that effectively manages the treasury operations.
The Treasury Manager will also manage the security portfolio of the organisation and calculate, monitor and ensure compliance with financial and non- financial covenants as per loan agreements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Managing daily cash balances to ensure liabilities can be met as they fall due, whilst achieving suitable investment returns on surplus cash.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
- Undertaking risk management activities to protect a company's financial well-being.
- Maintaining a security database (including reconciliation to Land Registry records) to allow the efficient management of property securitisation and proactively manage issues which impact upon the organisations ability to secure new finance.
- Delivery of a funding pipeline for current and future development through the securitisation of property.
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial or treasury knowledge.
- Proactively engaging with bankers and investors to maintain positive working relationships.
- Liaising with other departments and stakeholders, such as tax, accountancy and treasury specialists on a range of issues as required.
- Calculating, monitoring and reporting financial covenants.
- Monitoring and satisfying non- financial covenants.
- Keeping up to date with financial and industry developments.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Use systems thinking as our method of continuous improvement and self assessment and encourage creativity/fresh ideas for current and future service delivery.
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems.
- Support the preparation of the monthly accounts, annual budget and 30 year plan with timely Treasury inputs as appropriate.
- Embed the Business Partnering Strategy throughout the business and promote the importance of financial information within the organisation's decision making processes.
- Have an awareness of, and commitment to, your own personal development including keeping up to date regarding financial regulation and Treasury Management Best Practice
- Make presentations to the company board on specific financial issues.
You will be a CCAB qualified Accountant or have a diploma in Treasury Management.
- Demonstrable experience of business partnering, evidencing advanced analytical and communication skills and a proactive approach to influencing and driving business improvement.
- Experience of managing a Treasury Function, including financial accountabilities and authorities.
- Calculation and reporting of financial covenants.
- Experience of preparing management information and supporting reports relating to Treasury activities and the ability to present complex financial information to non- finance staff in a way which is readily understood.
- Experience of managing a securitisation system to ensure that the security records are accurately maintained in an efficient manner.
- Experience of delivering in a Systems Thinking Environment.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and Excel modelling skills.
A basic salary of £37506 - £44125
excellent benefits package