Global Strategy and Market Analyst
- Utilise your strong data gathering and analytic stills
- Provide insight into critical decision-making relating to global activities and initiatives
- Join the Global team and support the development and implementation of CSIRO's global strategy
CSIRO seeks a Global Strategy and Market Analyst to support the development and implementation of CSIRO's global strategy by providing evidence-backed global market and business insights. In this role, you will focus on gathering and analysing data and global market information, to form compelling insights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting market research and analysis to provide insight into critical decision-making around global activities, development of new global initiatives or to solve complex issues on global matters.
- Scoping and delivering on high quality global market research projects of varying size and scale.
- Conducting internal business analysis on CSIRO's global activities.
- Keeping the organisation up-to-date on global related activities, news and market information.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT, Melbourne (Clayton), VIC or Sydney (North Ryde), NSW
Salary: AU $80K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Science, Engineering, International Business or Relations, Economics, Finance or related fields and either:
- A post graduate degree in Business (i.e. MBA or equivalent), innovation or related field; or
- Professional experience in international business, government diplomacy, science or innovation related activities operations.
- Experience with rapidly sourcing, evaluating, synthesising and analysing a broad range of business, technical and economic data to form compelling insights.
- Experience with using market databases and tools to gather information required.
- Experience generating professional quality reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights to a senior executive-level audience.
- Experience developing and/or applying business analysis and strategic analysis frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with well- developed understanding of international cultural and business norms.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday 26th July, 2018