Head of Financial Risk and Governance
Working within a wider Finance team of 40 in the newly created Risk and Governance function. Identifying risks, developing internal control frameworks and embedding risk strategy across the organisation.
Our client is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with an asset portfolio of over £3 billion and an annual income of over £700 million.
This organisation has responsibility for both the facilities and the property management functions. This company own and run properties that range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art centres.
This is a role within the Finance team based in London which is made up of over 40 individuals.
- To support the identification and development of internal control policies and business specific control standards covering all areas with a direct impact on financial reporting and controls.
- To conduct internal and operational compliance reviews against policies to ensure adherence and continuous improvement, and prioritise and escalate issues arising from non-compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate processes and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Implement and co-ordinate the risk framework for capturing and reporting finance risks.
- To attend the Finance control and risk forum.
- Identify and escalate potential material risks as they emerge.
- Prepare and present updates to the Audit and Governance Committee.
- To build relationships with internal stakeholders and be able to discuss issues and risks within their areas to ensure that the potential impact is understood and mitigation is put in place as required.
- To maintain a strong understanding of the business model, core controls and finance activities.
- To work with the internal auditors, as necessary, to oversee the work performed on finance related reviews as well as track and work with management to close outstanding recommendations.
- ACA / ACCA/ IIA / CIA Qualified
- Deep understanding of audit, financial control frameworks and risk reporting within a medium to large company with varied finance functions
- Experience of policy and report writing.
- Experience gained within a risk and/or internal or external audit function.
- Experience of gathering and understanding of risk types and challenging colleagues in making assessment of impact.
- Ability to act as a team player
- Ability to liaise with, and present to, senior stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to articulate risks and challenge others to ensure the right outcome
- Ability to influence effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Managerial skill set
- Personal drive to get things done
- The opportunity to work in part of the largest property services businesses in the UK
- The opportunity to give back to society
- Working with an extremely high performing and fast growing finance function
- Room to grow the team and hire talent as the organisation develops
- Exposure to risk frameworks and governance
- City of London location / Central London
- Internal audit, risk manager, governance officer, financial assurance