Interim Management Accountant - Nationally Recognised Brand
Stockport-based Not-for-Profit looking for an experienced Management Accountant to sit on their commercial team. Will involve management and development of two part-qualified accountants - line-management experience essential.
The client is an inspiring "profit for purpose" organisation doing positive work in the community.
- To produce prompt and meaningful monthly management and service charge accounts to facilitate budgetary control and meetings with budget holders.
- To assist the Finance Business Partner in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts to a timetable agreed with the external auditors.
- To assist budget holders in the preparation of the annual budget and assist in the budget planning process as required.
- To assist in the preparation of the Group's VAT and Corporation Tax returns as required.
- To advise and train budget holders in matters of financial understanding and budgetary control.
- To produce monthly key performance indicators within the management accounts to ensure there are no surprises in our annual review with our rating agencies.
- To provide support to project work and cross functional teams within the Group as required.
- Recognised accountancy qualification (e.g CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA)
- Experience of reviewing and analysing financial information and reporting on results.
- Experience in consolidation and reconciliations
- Management of an accounting team
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience of using Oracle Financials or equivalent finance system.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 35000 - 48000 per annum (based on experience)
- Flexible working options
- 35 hours per week