Auditor General & Head of the National Audit Office
TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
His Excellency the Governor invites applications for the position of:
AUDITOR GENERAL & HEAD OF THE NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE
SALARY: $ 95,325 per annum + Housing Allowance and Other Allowances
The post of Auditor General, was established under section 97 (1) (a) of the Turks and Caicos Islands Constitution Order 2011 is head of the National Audit Office and by virtue of the appointment is an officer of the House of Assembly. The appointment is for a fixed six year term.
The National Audit Office was established under the National Audit Office Ordinance 2012.
The post holder will be instrumental in delivering a high quality external audit function in a timely manner to audit and report on the public accounts of the Islands, which include the Turks and Caicos Islands Government, Statutory Bodies and other public sector bodies, Commissions, Boards or Authorities.
In addition, the Auditor General is required to promote accountability in the public administration of the Islands, undertake any function conferred on the Auditor General by or under any Ordinance and to do anything incidental or conducive to any of the Auditor General’s functions.
This demanding but rewarding role will require professional leadership in financial and performance audit and can make a major contribution to public accountability at a key time in the economic development of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Candidates for this position must:-
• Be a member of one of the professional bodies covered by the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) or an international equivalent; (Bachelors level qualification in relevant field)
• Be motivated and self-driven with at least 8 years post professional qualification with at least 4 years being at a senior management level
• Have experience of directing audit activity including contracted out audit services
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of auditing against both IPSAS (Institute of Public Sector Accounting Standards) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
• Have knowledge and experience of working with the executive and legislative arms of Government.
• MBA or Masters in relevant field
Detailed job description, is available from the Director Human Resources, MGreenway@gov.tc Please state Auditor General in the subject line.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to the Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Facsimile: (1) 649 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com with the subject line being: Auditor General, Reference MRG00001. Envelopes should have the subject: Auditor General clearly marked on the front. Successful applicants will work in accordance with the Public Service Ordinance and other laws of the Turks and Caicos Islands. .
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview
will be contacted.
5.00pm Friday 13th July 2018
Apply for Auditor General & Head of the National Audit Office
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly