Temp Finance Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join this Not for Profit organisation on a potential t2p basis.
My client are a growing Not for Profit organisation based in Swansea.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join this fantastic organisation as a Finance Manager as either a temp for c3-6 months or on a temp to perm basis.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Finance Manager plays a key role in the development of a culture that fosters excellent performance and innovation amongst staff at all levels.
This will include;
- Develop effective partnerships both externally and internally, across the organisation.
- Act as a champion for the organisations values, equality, safety and efficiency
- Lead on cross-cutting internal and partnership projects
- Contribute to the management of the business and income generation; supporting and managing the implementation of new services and business developments
- Embed the principles of value for money in all that we do
The Finance Manager will;
- lead the development and implementation effective, timely business service support & reporting across the organisation.
- preparation of monthly management accounts.
- lead in the preparation of the financial budget, cash flow forecast and other management reports.
- prepare financial appraisals for key projects.
- liaise with and support colleagues and teams to produce analyses of expenditure against various sources of grant income & assist them in monitoring under or overspend for returns to funding bodies.
- maintain accounting accurate and timely records, whether computerised or manual, in respect of nominal ledger, cashbook, purchase ledger, income and claims, salaries and fixed assets, control accounts and reconciliations.
- oversee monthly payroll processing, reconciliation and reporting.
- maintain a structured and coherent chart of accounts and update all staff of changes as necessary.
- investigate variances between actual costs and budgets.
- ensure insurance claims are properly administered.
- lead in the production of draft statutory accounts for the organisation.
- managed the ongoing relationship with internal and external auditors in order to ensure a smooth audit
The successful candidate will hold full professional membership of ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA.
A good understanding of financial reporting standards for a Not for Profit organisation.
Solid people management skills where you have fostered a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
Ideally you will have held responsibility for a payroll function.
Excellent Management Accounting, Budgeting and forecasting skills.
Excellent relationship building skills both internally and externally
Either a 3 month (minimum) temporary assignment or a potential temp to perm opportunity.
Salary c£22-30 per hour (either PAYE/Umbrella or Ltd co)