Financial Accountant - Balance Sheet & Controls
3 to 6 month interim role, based in Patchway, North Bristol.
My client, a well known not for profit organisation based in the Patchway area of North Bristol, are seeking a Financial Accountant on a 3 to 6 month interim contract, with a view to becoming permanent.
- Monthly reviews of all balance sheet control accounts
- Complex Payroll reconciliations
- Reconciliations in respect of fund-raising and related expenditure, across both Profit & Loss & Balance Sheet accounts
- Reviewing Gift Aid
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop and improve processes
- Assist with Statutory Accounts
- Supervise a small team, including Sales Ledger & Cash Book staff
The successful candidate will be able to;
Oversee the production of the month end file with all balance sheet controls documented, investigated, verified and presented ready for final review.
Be responsible for all income and banking systems, processes and controls by overseeing the sales and client ledgers and the bank and cash functions.
Liaise with area finance teams to ensure all sales and income is accurately reflected in the accounting system.
Be a key liaison with bankers in respect of all bank accounts, mandates, payment systems etc.
Interface with the fund-raising team to record and reconcile all donations, grants and fund-raising income and to be responsible for the organisation's gift aid claims.
Be responsible for VAT Returns.
In return, our client will pay a salary between £25,000 & £31,000, depending on the candidates level of experience and qualification.