Temp Management Accountant
This is an excellent opportunity for an all round accountant to join this well established organisation.
My client is a well established Not for Profit organisation based in the Cardiff area.
We have an immediate start for a Management Accountant to cover a minimum 3 month temporary assignment.
The Management Accountant plays a key role in the organisation and is responsible for;
- Produce reliable and timely management reports enabling users to make informed decisions, control budgets, forecast financial performance and seek ways of minimising costs to achieve the Associations corporate objectives.
- Working closely with report users, establishing good and open communication links, enabling and advising users on budgetary management to make the best use of resources through operating efficiently.
- Ensure submission of relevant returns to stakeholders within deadlines to ensure compliance for the organisation, meeting statutory and legislative requirements.
- Provide effective line management support, supervision, and coaching to develop and enable the team to work independently to meet the finance department deadlines and corporate objectives.
- Ensure compliance with and raise awareness of finance policies & procedures and other service level agreements to achieve consistent working practices.
- Plan with the team to ensure cover is available to provide a continuous provision of flexible financial service delivering excellent customer service in order to deliver 'Always our Best'.
- Ensure staff are adequately trained and have sufficient knowledge of processes and systems to enable them to meet end user's needs.
- Drive continuous process improvement utilising the finance information systems to their optimum capability to ensure the team work efficiently producing quality output which is fit for purpose.
- Keep up to date with accounting standards and practices. Assessing and communicating the impact of relevant changes, ensuring management information reflects new practices and complies with statutory regulations.
You will be a fully qualified Accountant through CCAB or CIMA
You will have great interpersonal skills and be able to influence senior steak-holders in the organisation.
You will have great IT skills including a high level of Excel.
Ideally experience of Charity Accounting or an understanding of this.
Substantial experience of Management Accounting in a complex organisation.
Salary c£18 - £24ph