Interim Finance Business Partner - Government/Council
Co-ordination of all year end and annual budget activity and returns for relevant budgets. The role provides a key link between national finance related functions, the budget holders and local business services staff ensuring co-ordination between all elements of the organisation.
Client is a brilliant organisation providing support to communities across Greater Manchester and beyond. The organisation has a national reach with 30 offices across England and is committed to making vulnerable voices heard.
1. To work with the budget holder to develop a financial plan
2. Co-production with budget holders of the monthly Management Accounts on a full
accruals accounting basis including variance analysis, analysing and interpreting
results and identifying any necessary corrective action with budget holders.
3. Responsibility for deployment of the agreed corporate approach to budget setting,
budget delegation, profiling and budget maintenance across the budget areas.
4. Co-production of monthly forecasting, involving meetings with all local Budget
Holders and analysis and collation of results.
9. Leadership and management of any reporting finance staff.
10. Liaison with Internal and External Audit, responding to audit recommendations and
Successful Candidate will:
- be FULLY QUALIFIED or Qualified by Experience
- have experience working in the public sector - preferably within local councils or government.
- have good knowledge of accounting software (e.g. Oracle, Sage, Open Accounts) and the ability to interrogate
and produce reports.
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to explain finance information to non-finance managers.
- Flexible Working and Working From Home
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 with service (and three extra over Christmas)