Internal Audit Manager (EMEA & LAM)
Solvay is an international industrial Group active in chemistry where teamwork and responsible behavior are fundamental to the way we work. We produce a broad range of products and solutions that contribute to improving quality of life.
Internal Audit is a worldwide corporate team with regional locations and helps the organization to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Internal Audit Manager, your main responsibilities are:
- Plan, organize, supervise and contribute to the proper execution of audits within your perimeter mainly in Europe and in Latin America, but not only
- Propose to the Deputy Head of Internal Audit the annual audit program for your region
- Ensure proper planning, scheduling, staffing and execution of audits in accordance with agreed and defined audit department methodology
- Participate in audit preparation and fieldwork to coach and support auditors
- Participate in the elaboration and review of audit reports or others communication (engagement letters, presentations or others documents for the opening/closing meeting)
- Review and challenge audit reports
- Ensure follow–up on action plans' implementation
- Ensure consistency of audit methodology across the department
- Participate in the selection of the new internal auditors and contribute to develop their technical skills and behavioral competencies in order to maximize their performance and support their evolution within the Group.
- Contribute to develop and propose improvements of the internal audit approach and methodology in accordance with internal audit norms/standards evolutions.
- Management and/or Engineering school degree required with Finance/Accounting major and/or Engineering background – if possible one of the following certifications: CPA, CIA, CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner).
- 8 years' experience in Big Four audit firms and Internal Audit in industrial sector with exposure to an international multi–cultural environment.
- Ability to be flexible when interacting with managers/departments under pressure on a daily basis
- Be able to show pedagogy and assertiveness in order to ensure the effective appropriation of risk management and internal control matters.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent in English and French, any other language will be an advantage
- Job located in Belgium with +/– 20 % travel requirements
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button.