Intern - Winter Internship Program
We are looking for a full-time intern to take the role of a junior accountant at our client’s company, Syniverse Technologies Beijing, for a period of 6 months (from April 2018). More details can be found below:
A. Company description
Syniverse is the leading global transaction processor that connects more than 1,500 mobile service providers, enterprises, ISPs and OTTs in nearly 200 countries and territories, enabling seamless mobile communications across disparate and rapidly evolving networks, devices and applications. We deliver innovative cloud-based solutions that facilitate superior end-user experiences through always-on services and real-time engagement.
For more than 25 years, Syniverse has been simplifying complexity to deliver the promise of mobility – a simple, interoperable experience, anytime, anywhere.
B. General summary of job
This position will be complimenting the work of the senior accountants in various month-end close processes, recording of information in the G/L and sub-ledgers in SAP and providing accurate information & support to shared service team in India on vendor invoice input.
The responsibilities also include assisting in all aspects of accounting, month-end closing activities, general ledger journal entry posting, account reconciliations, financial reporting and special projects.
C. Principal duties and responsibilities
- 30 %- Responsible for providing accurate information to shared service team in India on vendor invoice input.
- 20 % - Assist senior accountants with the preparation of monthly account reconciliations, providing proper support, documentation and identifying and posting any reconciling items.
- 20 %- Assist with month-end close process, including the posting of journal entries into the SAP ledger system, assisting in the creating of supporting documentation, and making necessary reclass journal entries as needed.
- 10 %- Prepare schedules and provide support for external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- 10 %- Assist senior accountants with the preparation of tax information for indirect tax filings and corporate income tax filings for the entities in AP region.
- 10 %- Assist in special projects as needed.
D. Job requirements and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of normal accounting terminology and account attributes.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with ERP/accounting systems software, preferably SAP.
- Ability to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Ability to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Ability to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Strong oral, written and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
Monthly salary of 5000-6000RMB, based on experience. if candidate can complete the work well, we will give an extra one month salary for an onetime bonus.
The enrollment closing day is by the end of Feb.2018; Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The recruiting process will be divided into 3 parts:
- Face to face interview with RTF
- Face to face interview with the client