Solution Owner/Business Analyst
Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee–owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate and individual clients achieve their objectives. Our professionals are inspired by an entrepreneurial desire to develop tailored solutions designed to deliver measurable results.
Mesirow Advanced Strategies, Inc. is a widely recognized and employee owned manager of hedge fund portfolios in the alternative investments industry. The role of our new Solution Owner/Business Analyst will be to the coauthor the overall design of the application and map business requirements to systems/technical requirements alongside the Data Architecture team. Our ideal candidate must be self–motivated with a proven track record in participating in custom application development efforts. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Lead process flow analysis and process redesign
- Produce a detailed functional solution document to match user requirements
- Collaborate with the Application and Data Architect to produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Research and provide best practices and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional solution document
- Help coordinate UAT efforts
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts
- Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the system users.
- Participate in internal projects as required
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- 4–6 years of relevant experience in professional services or custom application development
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs
- Experience in managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry, Hedge Fund of Fund or Asset Management experience preferred