To be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, reporting and maintaining the accounting records in line with reporting requirements in the firms accountancy function. To help make well informed and smart commercial decisions by providing accurate and timely management information.
A global, leading public relations and communications firm located in Central London.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
- Production of monthly management accounts, trial balance and balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany re-charges postings and invoicing
- Key point of liaison for all inter-company balances, manage inter-company payments
- Maintain daily processes and controls to be compliant with SOX
- Produce accruals for all overhead costs, review overheads posting and report on variances
- Prepare monthly fixed assets, prepayments, foreign exchange postings
- Input & reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Produce financial reconciliations on a monthly basis, and maintain the monthly reporting file, resolve any queries
- Ad hoc analysis including client profitability, department profitability, external benchmarking
- Support with the External audit process
- Support with the Internal audit process and SOX reporting requirements
- Post monthly payroll journal, manage compensation template report, comment on variances
- Post benefits costs, manage benefits balance sheet accounts
The successful Management Accountant candidate:
- Part qualified accountant
- Experience in a finance role, ideally within a media/creative environment.
- Experience with month-end reporting, financial reconciliations
- Good communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel Skills (knowledge of if statements, lookups, pivot tables)
- Working knowledge of Maconomy & Cartesis
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Experience liaising with external suppliers and a variety of teams/individuals
- A strong sense of commercial awareness
On offer to the Management Accountant:
Up to £40,000 depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package.