ACCOUNTANT – CENTRAL PAYMENT
Division / Department : Finance / Central Payment
Country : China/ GZ
Reports to : Manager
Supervises : Account Officers/ Executive
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments processing in compliance with the Company Payment Policy.
- Check Invoice Due Report and verify payments.
- Assign duties to subordinate, monitoring their progress and guide them in carrying out their duties.
- Review of vendors statement of accounts and vendors ageing report to ensure payment are processed timely
- Assist the superior in planning, organizing and monitoring of the department resources and payment processes with an objective to enhance the control and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Preparation of monthly reports such as vendor ageing, advance payment and deposit payment for review.
- Monitor prompt settlement of outstanding invoices and schedule payments, clearance of Vendor advance or deposit and refunds.
- Highlight and update the immediate superior on long outstanding account and problem invoices.
- Perform monthly count for Cheque stock in hand.
- Review and clearing of long outstanding GR/IR from account timely.
- Review the unpresented cheque report from the bank or Accounting department and follow up with vendor on the long outstanding cheque for further action.
- Liaise with bankers on the status of the payment clearance and problem encounter on the electronic payment transmission, if any.
- Any other tasks which may be assigned by the superior from time to time
Financial Approval Authority
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting with minimum of 3 years experience preferably in Account Payable.
- Working experience in Multinational Company handling Account Payable for various countries in large volume would be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and financial applications within SAP system especially on AP module
- A team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills, good management and communication skills.
- ACCA Preferred.