Executive – Internal Audit (China based)
Work Description for Executive – Internal Audit (China based)
Division / Department:Internal Audit Department
Reports to :Assistant Manager – Internal Audit (or above)
Supervises:Senior Officer – Internal Audit (and below)
- Assist team leaders to perform/conduct independently audit planning, execution and reporting. This includes:
Conducting interviews and discussions with relevant operating unit personnel to gather planning information and prepare audit plan.
Prepare detailed audit programs to effectively and efficiently test key controls and are in line with audit objectives.
Perform system walkthroughs and review.
Perform compliance/substantive testing independently or in teams.
Ensure detailed and effective documentation to facilitate Assistant Manager’s or above review.
Prepare draft audit reports in accordance with the prescribed format and standard.
- Perform/assist team leaders to timely follow-up on the management action plans for audit findings.
- Perform ad hoc audit projects, as assigned, by supervisors.
- Perform and/or ensure that all relevant audit work papers/output are appropriately reviewed, approved and filed.
- Perform continuous risk audit assignments, audit/industry related researches and any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain IAD’s filing system at its office in China.
Financial Approval Authority
Qualifications & Experience
Education (and any certifications) requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Auditing, Business or equivalent.
- ACCA Preferred
Qualifications, including number of years of relevant (Industry) experiences:
- At least 4 years’ auditing experience gained preferably from Big-4 firms or multi-national organisations.
- Proficient in English and Chinese, both oral and written
Microsoft Office applications
Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Familiar with risk-based and business/operational process focused audit approach.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to domestic/international locations.
Key Result Area
- To accurately identify at least 70% of the key risk areas and perform the risk assessment appropriately in the 1st draft audit plan.
- To ensure that work papers are accurately prepared and all tests per the approved audit program have been tested/explained.
- To accurately identify at least 85% of audit issue/matter to be included in the draft audit findings noted during the fieldwork (for the areas tested) and propose the appropriate recommendations.
- To accurately identify at least 60% of draft audit findings noted during the audit.
- Outside the Internal Audit Department: All personnel of Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Within the Internal Audit Department: Per the approved organization chart of the department.