Finance Manager, Specialised Finance
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including finalisation of actuals, month on month analytical review, delivery of results to Divisional Finance team and appropriate governance activities to support the integrity of the actuals
- Build collaborative relationships with other senior finance and other management functions in order to enable effective exchange of information required to support financial control activities
- Manage the monthly regulatory reporting process, including review of adjustments and returns, month on month analytical review, ensure sign off is obtained and appropriate governance activities to support the integrity of the regulatory returns
About The Role
Role Location: 100 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC
Role Type: 12 fixed-term opportunity
This is an exciting 12 month opportunity to join the Institutional Financial Control team in the Loans and Specialised Finance division. As a Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the complex but interesting business line Structured Finance accounting and reporting services to support the BU Financial Controller. You are expected to ensure that all statutory and regulatory reporting obligations across the BU are adequately met. This includes provision of appropriate support to ensure accuracy and timeliness of month-end delivery requirements, registers, schedules, reconciliations, trial balance, and ensuring accounting services are completed to support financial reporting and successful audit completion. You will oversee the quality and accuracy of Subsidiary Financial Statements and audit work papers, including accurate and timely assembly of supporting documentation. Your role also requires some technical proficiency especially in the area of financial instruments accounting given the non-vanilla loans and product set.
Part of the Financial Control Community of Practice: Formulation, implementation and monitoring of accounting policies and internal controls. Compliance with statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirement. Accountable for the integrity of the numbers by delivering accurate, reliable and timely financial information, ensuring that the processes are streamlined & above all embedding a strong governance culture.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Solid professional experience in Finance Roles
- Demonstrated experience with statutory and regulatory accounting within a banking and insurance environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence, with experience working with off-shore sites
- Strong analytical skills with a strong customer focus
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or equivalent
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS096548.