Corporate Finance Manager - Fantastic Top 20 Practice
A highly successful business based in Tubnbridge Wells is searching for a Corporate Finance Manager to join their expanding team as a key, pivotal addition managing the delivery of deals across the range of M&A/Corporate Finance project work. It offers a superb opportunity for the right professional with a strong corporate finance background to develop their career and progress within this close knit team of highly regarded professionals.
A highly successful and growing firm, based in Tunbridge Wells, undergoing sustained positive growth and development. The team is made up of highly regarded, successful corporate finance professionals with wide ranging career backgrounds and areas of expertise. With structured plans in place and vision for future growth and development the opportunity presents a highly attractive career move, at a key stage in this firms development.
- Assist the hands-on partner and director on a wide range of transactions, including acquisition or sale mandates, fundraising, MBO's etc. These could be in either transaction support or lead advisory capacity;
- Possess strong writing skills in order to prepare due diligence reports, Information Memoranda, business plans etc;
- Project manage a transaction process throughout and ensure the day to day requirements of a deal process are fulfilled;
- Liaising with other departments (e.g. tax) throughout the transaction;
- Identify key issues impacting transactions at an early stage and be able to plan for numerous outcomes and
- present solutions to the client;
- Participate and take an active role in completion meetings/presentations with clients and funders;
- M&A analysis (e.g. identification of potential acquisition targets or buyers);
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations/sales pitches for new business;
- Liaising with clients, funders, and intermediaries during execution of transactions;
- Opportunity to be active in the local market and build relationships with institutional funders and the local intermediary market (banks, lawyers etc).
- The Candidate will ideally have worked in transaction services, or the wider corporate finance/financial investigations lines of service for 2-4 years. Whilst some lead advisory experience is helpful it is not essential.
- We require an ACA or ACCA qualified with good written and verbal communication skills. They need to be commercially minded and display high levels of accuracy and diligence in their work.
- The position will be client facing and therefore the successful candidates will need to be confident and professional.
- They need to be self-motivated and show strong values of ownership in respect of the task/output with energy to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines
- Be well versed in Excel with strong financial modelling expertise - able to model integrated operating financial models, funding models (including the appropriate equity/debt funding overlays) and financial models suitable for the appraisal of investment opportunities or buyouts
- They have to be excited about the opportunity to join a small, but successful team. The candidate, therefore, must be able to demonstrate that they are a genuine team player
- Initially, the role will be one of delivery, but they should be good at networking and be starting to take on business development activities in their current role
- Due to the location of our clients, the candidate must have a full UK driving licence and access to a car
- Likely to have some connections or ties to Kent, either currently living in Kent or have family in the area.
The opportunity will suit a qualified ACA/ACCA accounting professional looking to further their career in the corporate finance sector, currently at least at Assistant Manager level, or an experienced Manager level professional.
You will have a background within a Top Tier, Top Ten, Mid Tier of large independent accountancy firm. You will either have an advisory focused corporate finance career to date, or a background in transaction services and be looking for the chance to move into a more client facing, relationship building advisory role, where you can develop your career and carve a role in this growing business.