This Management Accountant vacancy, based in central London is for a candidate that is at finalist level looking for that step in in their career.
This candidate needs to be immediately available, and preferably with previous experience in retail or have dealt with stock (not essential).
This company is in the financial services sector, based in central London. They are looking for a management accountant due to their rapid increase in revenue.
The main duties for this Management Accountant role:
- Business partnering and analytical accounting support for relevant the budget holders of the business.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the retail entities, including consolidation.
- Full ownership and reconciliation of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements and supporting schedules.
- Posting monthly journals including accruals.
- Monthly stock reconciliation.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for budget holders.
- Preparation of monthly P&L commentary including variance analysis for each department within the Business Unit.
- Preparation of a management accounts pack which can be presented to the senior management team.
- Liaise with overseas local accountants regarding statutory reporting and the audit process.
- Daily sales and weekly trade reporting.
- Ad-hoc project work (c.10% of role).
The successful candidate for this Management Accountant role will have previous stock or retail experience
- Analytical approach to ad-hoc problem solving and reconciliations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Relevant experience, preferably within a retail or wholesale environment.
- Extensive knowledge of P&L preparation, Budgets, Forecasts & Variance Analysis.
- Track record of achieving results and exceeding expectations.
- Practical knowledge of financial controls and processes.
- Committed to business success.
- Strong level of accountancy
The ideal candidate for this accountancy role will be immediately available and will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong advanced Microsoft Excel skill set.
The candidate for this Management Accountant role based in central London will be offered:
- 23 Days holiday, increasing by 1 day for each year of service
- Employee discounts and perks scheme
- Monthly office socials with two big parties each year
- Summer Fridays
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free breakfast