Accounts Assistant - Credit Control
This UK focused Retail and wholesale business is looking for a Accounts Assistant - Credit Control to be predominantly focused on improving the cash flow of the business through managing the debt collection of their b2b customers whilst also taking ownership of the banking, payments, invoicing and reconciliations with a view of someone progressing quickly into a permanent More accounting focused role.
My client are an international Retail and wholesale company based in Luton. They have a strong reputation amongst their customers for providing top quality products and are needing an Accounts Assistant - Credit Control focused individual in order to recover outstanding debt and look at the current finance processes to ensure the proactive collection of debt and reduction of future invoicing issues. This Luton based role is recruiting for the role on a temporary to permanent basis as to ensure someone matches well with the company, people and role with a hands on owner managed team who are keen to improve the company's cash flow further
This Accounts Assistant - Credit Control role is focused around credit control and sales ledger along with Banking and reconciliations work, with the following mix of duties listed below
- Manage the daily invoicing and reconciling the bank position on a daily and weekly basis
- Chasing outstanding debts and manage the incoming payments ensuring integrity of the sales ledger
- Post credit notes and carrying out weekly banking
- Full responsibility for intrastate, EC sales list monthly task and daily bank reconciliations.
- Manage and maintain the Purchase ledger - post invoices, credit notes, adjustments and cash on a timely basis ensuring that all entries are posted and up-to-date.
- Assist in maintenance of nominal ledger account reconciliations for key accounts, such as fixed assets, prepayments, accruals.
The right Accounts Assistant - Cred Control should have;
- Good practical track record in credit control and a desire to be involved in accounts is preferred
- Have strong processes/ computer systems experience including Sage and Excel ideally
- Double entry bookkeeping experience and knowledge
- Any knowledge of Invoice financing or something similar would be a large bonus but not essential
- Be studying AAT or ICM is beneficial but not essential as relevant experience is key
- A proactive individual who will want to work closely with other members of the team to make improvements.
The opportunity to secure a permanent role in quick succession and to therefore qualify for their enhanced benefits package including study support for ICM/AAT/ACCA/CIMA