Actuarial (Life Insurance – Audit) - Assistant Manager
In today’s highly complex business environment, insurers face challenges ranging from complex financial reporting standards, increasing regulatory compliance to technology threatening the traditional business model against the backdrop of volatile markets and increasing consumer demands. As part of KPMG actuarial audit team, you will help our clients manage these challenges with our broad and extensive experience drawn from diverse assignments across the insurance sector.
As an assistant manager, your responsibilities include but not limited to:-
- Provide independent reviews and supports on audit projects, such as
- Reviewing the adequacy, assumptions and methodology of clients’ insurance-related reserves for local regulatory and IFRS reporting purposes.
- Reviewing data accuracy and exhaustiveness (data collection, reconciliation and testing databases).
- Compiling and circulating regulation manual for use by insurance unit in auditing regulatory submissions.
- Evaluating and testing the sufficiency of clients’ internal process. This encompassed the claims and reserving processes.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders to provide quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assist and support in developing, growing, and maintaining good connection with team members and clients.
- Assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
- Assist in works outside the core area such as advisory and general insurance.
- Minimum Degree / Master Degree in Actuarial Science or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of working experience in life insurance.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Adequate level of knowledge on life insurance and actuarial.
- Proficiency in actuarial tools such as Microsoft Excel, Fox pro/Prophet/Moses/etc.
- Strong problem solving ability and interpersonal skill.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.