Business Consulting - Director
We are seeking to recruit a Director for the Grant Thornton Business Consulting team, within our Advisory practice. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our Business Consulting team in a growing area. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be a senior member of the team. Our Business Consulting team conducts work in areas such as project and programme management; change management; business process optimisation; economic analysis; strategic planning; and finance transformation.
In this role, you will contribute to and oversee the delivery of a variety of engagements, taking accountability for project team success on client assignments and providing regular updates to the Partners. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of some of our client projects as well as leading business development initiatives for the team, working to specific targets in this regard. Furthermore, as a Director you will contribute to the overall management of the unit from a people and process perspective. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long-term and sustainable career.
This role will suit will aspiring Directors with demonstrated commercial acumen within a professional services firm looking to take the next step in their consulting careers.
- Primary degree in a relevant discipline including: business, engineering, economics or a sector specific discipline – having achieved at least a 2.1 grade
- 8 to 12 years’ experience with at least one year in a professional services firm
- Strong understanding of market trends and dynamics in one or more of the following industries: life sciences, supply chain, financial services, agri-food, health, government and public sector.
- Proven experience of leading teams and projects for clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Supporting business development initiatives in line with agreed targets;
- Supporting the management of the business unit;
- Managing client and stakeholder expectations on an ongoing basis;
- Working onsite with clients implementing programmes of change;
- Overseeing the preparation of formal reports and report presentations;
- Ensuring assigned projects and tasks meet required deadlines;
- Overseeing industry research and thought leadership covering the key market sectors/target clients;
- Supporting the consulting team in developing service lines for various sectors; and
- Overseeing the preparation of proposals for new client work.
- Master’s degree
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or PMP)
- Lean Six Sigma qualification
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.