We have an opportunity for an Operations Accountant to join our team based in Irthlingborough, on a full time, permanent basis.
Whitworths are the UK's leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We're proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
As our Operations Accountant you will provide effective business partnering to the Operations team, and support the Operations Director to deliver improvements with a focus on reporting opportunities, priorities, risks, contingencies & forecasts. The role is to analyse, challenge and help our business to deliver its corporate goals and commercial development.
Why work for us as our Operations Accountant?
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. You will receive a competitive salary and in addition, you'll also have access to;
– 25 days holiday + all public holidays recognised in the UK
– A workplace pension
– Life assurance and on–site occupational health
– Plus the Company offers a number of family friendly; health and life style benefits
What you will be doing as our Operations Accountant;
– Analyse, challenge (our monthly forecast updated) and help us manage our costs within manufacturing – focusing on waste management and cost control.
– You will support the standardisation of reporting across operations; further developing our operations finance information pack and deliver a weekly set of management accounts (to name a few)
– You will champion the IFS (ERP) system usage throughout the business
Of course, there is the usual financial reporting such as monthly stock reconciliation; monthly board paper production for Operations and Technical financial information and balance sheet reconciliation and of course the weekly KPI production
This role isn't just about the what, it's all about the how and we need someone who can work with the operations team, to improve their financial skills and capability; who can Influence and encourage collaboration, sharing of best practice and knowledge across the group, who can network and develop great working relationships not only internally across the business (you will need to integrate with the Financial reporting team to ensure accuracy of financial information), but also externally with our auditors and other interested parties.
Our ideal Operations Accountant will be:
- Educated to 'A' level standard and AAT or a part qualified accountant.
- And have worked previously in an accounting environment, preferably within manufacturing which should mean you will have knowledge and experience of current manufacturing management techniques, and demonstrate the ability to integrate with the whole supply chain and champion manufacturing requirements in the areas of costing and business development. We would also want you to have experience of working in a lean operating environment.
With excellent communication skills, you should be able to develop strong professional relationships to influence outside of your immediate sphere of control.
Of an analytical mindset that translates to delivery, using excel as an intermediate or advanced user, and able to manipulate data from multiple sources. Inquisitive, comfortable asking 'Why?' able to adapt and solve problems.
You should be able to work to tight deadlines, proactively managing your own workload with minimal direct guidance and role model our company values at all times.
If this is you and you believe you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworth's family as our Operations Accountant then click 'apply' now! We look forward to receiving your application.
Whitworths is growing every day, so we are always looking for talented individuals (at every level) who can deliver STAR potential. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk.