Group Finance Director
Are you a charismatic and experienced Group Finance Director looking to drive business strategy whilst managing gross margin and costs? Are you looking to work in a rapidly–growing business where you will provide value–adding input from the moment you join? Have you worked in a fast–paced Private Equity environment?
Operating in a number of business sectors, we are looking for a driven and engaging Group Finance Director to join us to grow each of our businesses whilst focusing on costs, profit & KPIs. You will focus on overseeing the finance function and ensure first–class management information is provided to help influence the strategic direction of the business.
- Reviewing and improving KPIs for all areas of the business in order to improve the quality and relevance of management information and ultimately to drive performance improvement
- Financial Controls; overseeing and improving all financial controls and processes across all functions and business units
- Budget and Reporting; overseeing the production of budgets and financial reporting, including monthly/ quarterly/ audited P&L and balance sheet reports
- Driving a best in class analytical culture across finance and elsewhere in the business
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MDs and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support
- Ability to thrive in a hands on, extremely high paced environment where there is a constant requirement to add real value to the business
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, likely demonstrated through having worked in a private equity–backed and environment
- Strategic and corporate development capabilities
- Be a commercially–orientated financial leader with a business–enabling mindset and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with the authority and credibility to gain respect both internally and externally with people at all levels
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan
- Assimilate data into meaningful financial reports to be used to influence the strategic direction of the business.
- Daily, weekly and monthly cashflow reporting to allow close analysis of the position of the business at all times.
- Driving change through systems improvements.
- Develop and improve processes and reporting methods in line with business needs.
- Managing and motivating the finance team.
- Ad hoc duties when required.
What you need:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with experience in managing a busy, fast–paced finance team.
- Commercially focused with solid experience of influencing business decision making.