The Senior Accountant will be joining the business to support the Finance Manager and Finance Director. It will initially be a 9 month role, with opportunity to go permanent. This role would suit a newly qualified accountant looking to take that next step up and continue learning and developing.
My client is a growing consultancy business based in Central London. They are predicting over 20% growth in the next year and need to increase their finance team to support this. It is a family owned business, so is quite tight knit, with heavy involvement from the stakeholders.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for;
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Weekly reporting of revenue figures.
- Journal calculations, posting for accruals and prepayments.
- Reconciliations and adjustments of the sales ledger.
- Performing bank payments and reconciliations.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return.
- Ad-hoc project work - including filling in for the Finance Manager as required.
The Senior Accountant will have;
- Will be a qualified accountant with an ACCA/CIMA qualification or QBE with an AAT qualification.
- Worked in an SME - essential.
- Payroll system knowledge - essential.
- Worked in a consultancy firm or sales - desirable.
- Implemented a new financial system -desirable.
- Working knowledge of SAGE 50 - desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A 9 month contract - with the potential to go permanent.
- A competitive day rate of £250-300 p/d dependent on previous experience.
- Support for learning and development.