Product Innovation Actuary
Established in 1918, New Ireland Assurance is the first wholly Irish owned life insurance company to transact business in Ireland. Part of Bank of Ireland Group, we are currently the second largest life assurance company in the Irish market with over 500,000 policyholders and over €15 billion in assets under management. We provide life assurance, pensions and investment solutions to individual and corporate customers.
The Financial Advice Product Owner for New Ireland & Bank of Ireland Wealth &Insurance will have responsibility for ensuring the commerciality and scalability of our digital advice service, for driving innovation in this service and ensuring that our products fully meet the expectations of our customers using this channel. The role will report to the Retail Product Lead in New Ireland but will also work very closely with Digital, Distribution and Customer Services to ensure seamless end to end digital customer journeys.
The successful candidate will join the Retail Product team, a dynamic actuarial team which is responsible for the end-to-end ownership of NIA Retail products.
- Develop and execute the product strategy and roadmap for the Life Advice platform
- Responsibility for ensuring that our products are appropriate for digital distribution
- Develop and rollout with the Transformation team and Ignition Advice the product roadmap for Life Advice
- Work with Customer Services and Compliance/Legal to ensure the continued suitability of our full range of products for digital channel
- Work with the Head of Commercial Delivery to deliver our PSLM process
- Work closely with Head of Pricing and Insights to develop and drive the commercial value of our products through the Life Advice platform
- Develop expertise in digital financial advice delivery
- Develop strong relationships with our reinsurance partners and IMU
- Work with our marketing teams on developing our customer engagement campaigns
What is the opportunity
- Develop a first to market digital customer proposition as part of the NIA & BOI Wealth and Insurance strategy
- Develop an omni-channel advice proposition across NIA Distribution channels
- Collaborate with teams across the business inthe driving a digital advice proposition
- Ideally Qualified Actuary or advanced in exams with minimum 3-5 years' experience
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience within Insurance or Financial Services
- Direct experience within the Insurance industry
Essential Skills & Experience
- A very strong commercial understanding of the Insurance and wealth market.
- Proven history of commercializing customer insight.
- Proven history of innovation
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to create a vision for New Ireland/BoI in how we deliver products that create customer value and commercial opportunity.
- A structured and disciplined manager of plans and objectives.
- Knowledge of the financial structure, operation and governance of insurance products.
- Strategic mind-set to help define, shape and drive the Company's overall objective to be the financial services partner of choice for Irish customers.
- The ability influence key stakeholders in terms of strategic direction and the implications of different strategic choices for future income.
- QFA or sales advice experience
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Feb 28, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.