Interim Management Accountant
Working in a small Finance Team with good traditional financial accounting systems to building on these by improving processes, developing systems and reports that add value to the decision making process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Preparation: Formalise Balance Sheet reconciliation process with particular reference cash flow management. Develop a detailed quarterly management accounts report for Curia departments and a trading subsidiary (Hinsley Hall).
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist with the preparation of the Curia budget for 2019/20 and develop budget and forecasting model for Hinsley Hall.
- Project Accounting: Assist Property Department colleagues to ensure compliance with School and Parish building programmes and the associated cash flow requirements.
- Systems: Review and implement approved improvements to Sage ledgers and Project accounting module and reporting using excel spreadsheets.
- Payroll: Prepare the Parish payroll and supervise two other payrolls. Review payroll systems to reduce processing time and improve interface with main Sage and Parish ledgers.
- Statutory Accounts: Assist with the year end accounts preparation to ensure that statutory accounts can be filed within three months of the year end.
- Other: Pro–active in observing other Finance and administration tasks and indentify and recommend appropriate improvements.
Professionally Qualified or experienced Accountant
Experienced in using Sage accounting systems and Microsoft Office software to maximise data generation between them.
Payroll experience an advantage
The candidate will be a self–motivator with excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail with a "how do I add value" approach to their work.
This is a fixed term six month contract. Salary will be paid based on qualifications and experience.