Tax Accountant - Fantastic In House Position
This is a in ideal role for a experienced corporate tax professional looking to make their first move in house from practice or a move across from a similar position where they will pick up more responsibility and enhanced carer prospects with a leading business based near West Malling!
A fantastic business and leaders in their sector. They have a very stable team and an excellent staff retention rate. They are now looking to add a tax accountant to their team in a progressive and diverse role reporting directly in to the Finance and Tax Manager
The Tax Accountant for this position based near west Malling will be responsible for:
- Submission of corporation tax and capital gains computations and VAT returns to HMRC, including the preparation and maintenance of the underlying supporting records.
- Liason with HMRC and industry tax bodies and consultants. Preparation of appropriate financial information to support compliance requirements and tax agreements held by the company- including FATCA, ATCA, WWDC, BEPS, group relief and Senior Accounting Officer reporting.
- Preparation and maintenance of the tax records, including deferred tax, to support the accounting entries for management, financial and regulatory reporting.
- Preparation of appropriate corporation tax and VAT forecasts and budgets.
- Provision of appropriate support and advice to other departments with respect to general tax matters.
In order to fulfil this role, the successful candidate should have an up to date knowledge of UK tax legislation, ideally studying for a related professional qualification CTA/ ACA/ ACCA with a minimum of three years experience in a finance environment.
You will have a conscientious, strong and positive attitude and hold excellent computer literacy and communication skills. You will be diligent with good attention to detail and have the ability to work to deadlines, prioritising your own workload.
Practice or industry experience will be considered with demonstrable experience within tax.
Matched pension up to 10%
25 days holiday
Full flexible benefits package