EK Human Resources has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join its busy and friendly HR Team.
Our payroll team are responsible for the full delivery of a payroll service to Dover District Council, Thanet District Council, Canterbury City Council and other organisations within the partnership for approximately 1900 employees.
The post holder will work alongside their direct team to ensure staff are paid on time in accordance with their contract of employment and there is full compliance with statutory requirements and financial Regulations.
You will be responsible for all payroll changes, overtime, calculating sickness and maternity allowances, starters and leavers and amendments to payments.
Experience and Qualifications
- Good standard of education including Maths and English
- Experience of Computer systems/packages including Microsoft Office and Google
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills in order to meet specific deadlines to ensure payroll and HMRC deadlines are met.
- The ability to react calmly and effectively working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and an ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working in a payroll environment
- A professional payroll qualification
- Practical knowledge of pensions regulations and calculations associated with the pension scheme
Interviews will be held week commencing 4th March 2019