This role is focused on improving Reporting across the wider business in order to manage KPIs more effectively as well as including a strong Finance Business Partnering element to the role. The ideal candidate will be an accurate and timely accountant as well as confident and able to push back on key decision makers.
Large distribution business with lots of opportunity for progression.
- Preparation, completion and review of month-end accounts for businesses within the PHOENIX UK group, adhering to tight deadlines.
- Responsibility for tracking and reporting all trading margins
- Monthly variance analysis for actual results against budgeted and forecasted figures.
- Compilation and review of forecasts, budgets and other scenario planning in conjunction with other PHOENIX stakeholders
- Coordination, review and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual information and reports required by internal and external stakeholders including FTE reporting using Eurostat
- Responsibility for review of all company VAT returns
- Monthly review of actual, forecast and budgeted spend with budget holders providing financial, analytical and business support and challenge as required
- Ownership of balance sheet accounts and associated controls
- Responsible for preparation and review of year end and statutory accounts
- Preparation for the year-end audit, provision of supporting detailed schedules and liaison with external auditors,
- Financial project work to assist in future strategic decision making
- Develop and maintain business processes and accounting policies to support and strengthen internal controls
- Perform any other duties, as requested
The successful candidate will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with:
- Accountant with experience of financial analysis and management reporting.
- Accountant with proven experience of preparing and analysing detailed management and statutory accounts.
- Experience of explaining financial results with clear and detailed schedules to finance and non-finance management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team as well as alone
- Confident, enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills, incorporating written, verbal, presentation and reporting at all levels
- Able to prioritise complex projects and self-motivate, whilst working to strict deadlines and targets.
- Strong business knowledge and commercial acumen.
- Forward thinking with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a collaborative and open approach
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Financial systems knowledge and experience, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of current accounting and auditing standards, both UK GAAP and prevailing IFRS standards.
£45,000 basic salary plus pension, 25 days holiday and full benefits package