Assistant Financial Accountant
Action on Hearing Loss aims to transform the lives of people with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss by: changing the way people think, feel and act; supporting more people across the UK; speeding up the development of new technology; and working harder to find treatments for all types of hearing loss and tinnitus.
The organisation is in the process of moving their finance function to Peterborough and are looking an Assistant Financial Accountant to join the newly created finance function. This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance person to join a rapidly changing organisation and play a key role in establishing a new team.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Accounts, the successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA who has:
- Taken an exam within the last months
- Experience handling monthend accounting including exposure to the balance sheet, accruals, prepayments, journals and bank reconciliations
- Experience of working with computerised accounting systems
This Assistant Financial Accountant position will be responsible for:
- Helping maintain accurate accounting records and assists with the preparation of financial statements for monthly / periodic reviews of performance and annual audit
- Assisting the Head of Financial Accounting and other team members in their month end closing activities such as preparation and posting of journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and the preparation of simple financial statements / schedules
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners and the other transactional finance teams with financial reports, budget & forecast information
The salary for this position ranges from GBP, GBP, dependent upon experience