Interim Reporting Accountant
To provide key support to the Financial Controller in managing and driving improvements to the control, risk and reporting environment.
To deliver the foundations of good finance support through analysis, challenge and drive.
My client is a large global organisation based in Peterborough.
- Deliver accurate and timely period/forecast/budget reporting to the Group, resolving queries as they arise.
- Deliver accurate and timely Board packs on a period basis, ensuring the content evolves in line with the requirements of the end user
- Assist the Financial Controller in overhead cost reporting, challenging spend and driving the correct behaviours across the business
- Management and submission of the Group's annual controls reporting, liaising with a number of functions to drive a rigorous control environment
- Lead the period balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring adherence to both internal and external audit requirements
- Key contact for internal and external audit.
- Proactively managing the clearance of internal and external audit points, liaising with teams across the business to resolve.
- Continuous improvement of reporting processes focusing on timeliness, accuracy and quality of outputs.
Fully qualified - ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
Excellent knowledge of
- Previous financial accounting experienc
- Internal Controls and their importance (embedding the Financial Control Framework across the business and ensuring commitment to compliance is a key objective within this role).
Skills and Experience:
* Strong attention to detail.
* Drive to develop and desire to take on additional responsibility.
* Budgeting & Forecasting experience.
* An effective influencer who is comfortable providing both support and challenge.
* Advocate of Continuous improvement.
* Intermediate Excel is a minimum requirement.
* Experience of key IT systems: JD Edwards, Cognos Controller, Insight and BI, would be an advantage
Highly competitive salary
12 month FTC with a highly regarded large organisation