Financial Analyst - Shipping
Our client is a fully integrated provider of shipping management services and are an experienced Ship Owner, Operator and Charterer. They are looking to add a Financial Analyst with a focus on the shipping side of the business to their team.
Duties & Requirements:
- Provision of real time management relating to performance of pool vessels.
- Examining data sets to draw conclusions utilizing specialised systems and software.
- Support management reporting to owners on vessel earnings.
- Contribute to the development of the companies' pool management business through superior, market leading, real time analytics.
Skills and Experience:
- Will have a minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in an Analyst role within banking and/or shipping preferably.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to interact directly with external stakeholders and pool partners in a professional manner are must haves.
- An understanding of Capital Markets preferred.
- Ability to handle sharp deadlines and entrepreneurial spirit a strong plus.
- Create/Update/Maintain Presentations for prospective Investors.
- Prepare Global Projects Department Report.
- Prepare monthly/Quarterly vessel earning reports.
- Evaluate prospective pool vessels.
- Running fleet PnL results.
- Assist in relationship maintenance by interacting with Investors/Ship–owners/Shipbrokers.
- Assist in Time–Charter transactions.
- Create Investment Opportunity Proposals.
- Macro view of applicable sector/segment – requires coordination with Research department.
- Quarterly rate projections for Investors.
- Capital Markets.
- Follow Public Traded Shipping Companies and analyze Earnings Release(s) and earnings calls.
- Compile competitive benchmarking(s).
- Follow the news surrounding publicly traded shipping companies.