Accounts Receivable Team Leader
Managing, motivating and leading a high performing team within a top-class transactional finance function.
My client are the fastest-growing business and finance function in the South West. They now have over 1000 sites across the UK and Europe and are looking to continue this growth as they expand into new territories. This provides the right candidates with unrivalled opportunities for progression, as well as support with studies, professional development etc.
- Oversee the accurate reconciling and posting of all the daily takings information onto the system for all sites in the Group.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Communicates deadlines and goals to team members
- Conducts Morning Huddle to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives and deadlines
- Ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
- Making sure the team delivers to their SLA:
- Takings are processed daily
- Ensuring all queries are followed up daily with the individual surgeries and the relevant Assistant Management Accountant Banking to resolve as necessary
- No outstanding bank queries >7 days old and no unresolved surgery queries un-escalated >4 days old
- Review the teams cash differences on a fortnightly basis to ensure they are resolving / escalating as appropriate
- Any other tasks as required
- Completed AAT or relevant work experience
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Effective communicator, confident dealing with multiple sites in a calm, friendly and efficient manner whatever the circumstances
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - including intermediate Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
- Experience of Open Accounts would be an advantage
- Interested in studying towards CIMA (or similar)
this role will pay a competitive basic salary, plus a bonus.